INTER-#6: Call for sound proposals (stereo, multichannel, other)
INTER- #6 will take place on Thursday 9th June 2016 at Stereo in Glasgow.
The proposal deadline is Monday 16th May.
INTER- is a new event series presenting experimental sound work for loudspeakers.
« between » « among » « in the midst of » « mutually » « reciprocally » « together » « during »
– a regular event series for sonic / spatial interventions involving loud speakers
– a listening room to be occupied by experiments, documents, shocks and people
– a context for dialogues across sound art, electroacoustic composition and record production
Previous participants include – Bethan Parkes, HMBKR, Mark Vernon, Matthew Shoen, Nikki Kane, Felipe Otondo, Jamie Cooper, Nathan Quirk, Luca Nasciuti, Angus McIntyre & Nicola Reade, Roberto Zanata, Rory Comerford, Seth Rozanoff, Jox Oiz, Lauren Sarah Hayes, Tim Cooper, Aisling Quinn, Adam Stansbie, Linda O’Keeffe, Xavier Madore, Zoë Irvine & Pippa Murphy, Brian Connolly, Nikos Stavropoulos, Liam Slevin, Thiago Ruiz, Laurence Chan, Michele Del Prete, David Philp, Matthew Grouse, Patrick Shand, Gordon Delap, Damon Lee, Nicolas Marty, Oliver Carman, Jamie Ferguson, Zubuntu, James Andean, Coryn Smethurst, Konstantinos Karathanasis, Alexander Bauer, Luis Valdivia…
These nights are about creating a focused, public listening context for deep experiments with / in / sound. We aim to support work and practices which might not fit easily into other performance contexts. We hope these events can help to draw together practices across field-recording, electroacoustic composition and record production (among others) and be part of the exchange between sound and music methods taking place across Glasgow and further afield…
We can facilitate stereo, quad and 5.1 playback and are very open to other ways and means.
Proposals of all kinds are welcome – across aesthetic, conceptual and technical boundaries.
We are particularly interested in presenting work and practices which:
– use recording, editing, producing and listening to explore contemporary spaces – real, virtual, liminal
– explore new approaches to environmental recording and soundscape composition
– develop reflexive relationships with the recordist/ listener
We are excited to see what develops through these events. Perhaps a broad range of:
– utopian/dystopian soundscapes
– phone clips
– youtube rips
– club/dance diffusions
– sonic/spatial narratives
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL (closing date of Monday 16th May)
Please send you proposal to this mail address
With the email title: « INTER- #6 proposal », including the following:
– proposal info – 500 words max
– any relevant links to work – NB: links to streamable versions are preferred to link to large downloadable files
– detailed tech requirements including file format and whether playback (laptop etc.) can be provided for your work
– brief artist bio
Thank you !
Iain Findlay – Walsh