The Department of Audio Arts and Acoustics of the School of Media Arts at Columbia College Chicago invites applications for the position of Chairperson.
The Department consists of 10 full time and 26 part-time faculty from fields as diverse as: live sound reinforcement, studio music recording, acoustics, sound design, audio art, audio for visual media, installed sound systems, hearing and sound perception and academic support to multi-media, film and broadcasting curriculum across the College.
The Chairperson reports to the Dean of the School of Media Arts and works closely with program directors, coordinators and faculty, as well as other chairpersons and College leadership.
The chairperson of the Audio Arts and Acoustics department is expected to:
• Provide the faculty with focused leadership in curriculum development, teaching excellence, professional and artistic development and support new endeavors in academic research and artistic practices.
• Demonstrate a clear commitment to assessment of academic programs and curricula.
• Actively engage the professional community for support of curricula and programs.
• Provide pragmatic, administrative and managerial skills in areas of fiscal responsibility, staff management, prioritization of resources, facilities, fund raising and team building.
• Actively support the College’s, School of Media Art’s and Department’s Mission and demonstrate a commitment to Faculty Governance.
Qualifications: The candidate must possess an advanced or terminal degree with teaching experience at the college or university level, management and leadership experience and appropriate credentials for academic tenure.
Application material must include:
1. A letter, outlining the applicant’s background, qualifications, and vision for the position.
2. A Curriculum Vitae.
3. Contact information for five references. References will not be contacted without the prior consultation with the applicant.
The review of applications will begin February 1, 2016. The position begins July 15, 2016. One of the largest private, not-for-profit arts and media colleges in the U.S with over 8,900 students, Columbia College Chicago provides access to higher education to young people who learn creative practice and professional skills in a vibrant and diverse urban setting. Now in its 126th year, the institution has grown from a small, vocationally focused regional school to a national institution with a growing reputation in a wide array of creative fields anchored by a strong commitment to the liberal arts. The College is committed to increasing cultural and gender diversity.
Additional Information : This is a non-union position. Columbia College Chicago is an EEO Employer. Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To view the complete job description and apply, please visit https://colum.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1500005B&lang=en