INTER- #3 will take place on Thursday 17th September at Stereo in Glasgow.
The proposal deadline is Thursday 3rd September.
INTER- is a new event series presenting experimental sound work for speakers.
« between » « among » « in the midst of » « mutually » « reciprocally » « together » « during »
These nights are about creating a focused, public listening context for deep experiments in/with/of sound. Stereo aim to support work and practices which might not fit easily into other performance contexts. They hope these events can help to draw together practices across electro-acoustic composition, club/dance production and field-recording (among others) and be part of the exchange between sound and music methods taking place across Glasgow, and much further afield…
They can facilitate stereo, quad and 5.1 playback and are very open to other ways and means.
Proposals of all kinds are welcome – across aesthetic, conceptual and technical boundaries.
Stereo is particularly interested in presenting work and practices which :
– use recording, editing, producing and listening to explore contemporary spaces – real, virtual, liminal
– explore new approaches to environmental recording
– develop reflexive relationships with the recordist/listener
They are excited to see what develops through these events.
Perhaps a broad range of :
– utopian/dystopian soundscapes
– phone clips
– youtube rips
– club/dance diffusions
– sonic self-narratives
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL:
Please send you proposal to Stereo
with the email title INTER- #3 proposal
by the closing date of Thursday 3rd September
including the following:
– proposal info – 500 words max
– any relevant links to work
– detailed tech requirements including file format and whether playback (laptop etc.) can be provided for your work
– brief artist bio